Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hiking out Grama and Papa's Backdoor


Yesterday I went hiking with my dad, Lucy,and John. We were in my grandparent's backyard. They live in Sedona, Arizona in the winter. In the summer they live in Cando, North Dakota. Well, like I was saying we were going hiking. They have red rocks in their backyard. When we went hiking we stopped at a few familiar rocks to take pictures. On our way home we went through a wash. There were lots of rocks in the wash. Lucy and I found this cool cave on the wall of the wash. (Bottom Left) Well, actually I really found it, but we both used it to scare my dad and John. We also found a smaller cave before we found this one. I really want to get to the top of the red rock mountain this year but I probably won't able to. Up in the mountains there are two caves. One is bigger than the other one. The smaller one is higher up than the bigger one. John thinks it's a mountain lion's cave, but it's not. Papa and my dad just think it formed over the years and it's not been lived in or being lived in ever. I don't know what I or Lucy think about it. I like hiking in Sedona, AZ. Sophie

2 comments:

GRG said...

A quest, walking red rock right out your Grandparents back door. It's like living a legend!

Carm said...

GREAT pictures.... Hey Sophie... I finally finished my knitting needle case. check it out!